Friday, July 29, 2011

Gadgets

I love gadgetry. This is no secret to anyone, really. It's my job and my life to create and work with all things mechanical and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. So I'm gonna share a few of my favorite gadgets that I've made in the past.

1. Ada's Gun.

"Deus ex Machina" is Ada's baby. It's her pride and joy and she loves it more tan even her best friend (me). I made it ;) It's made of tempered bronze and cesarian iron. The filigree designs are hand crafted and directly connected to the barrel.

2. Handheld Radar and Scanner

This one was tough. I had to constantly recalibrate everything as I was making it. Nothing has really been made in this vein before (not that I know of anyway, which is pretty much everything). It has different settings depending on the inserted cartridge, such as a radar, a scanner, a thermal imager, etc. I use it in the workshop all the time (which is why I made it in the first place), but I'm making a second fr Falgun, who wants one for his work.

3. Eyepiece

This one was a commission for Rounan. It's a micro-analyzer and zoom scope. He uses it for his alchemy research, but it's now been reqularized in the Runner Corps for reconnaissance missions.

4. Earpiece

This is used for communications with the timepieces distributed out to the agents. It can switch channels it's programmed to receive by turning a watch cog on the side to different "stations". It makes communications updates so much simpler.

5. Oculus

This is my little buddy, Oculus. He's a real simple little guy made of coils, a mechanical eye, and some spare clamps and gears. He helps me out with chores and little things around the workshop. He doesn't have a brain and he's not A.I., but he's still good company to be around.

And those are five of my favorite creations! I hope you enjoyed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment